Sunday, January 1, 2012
My first ever Chocolate Oreo Cake ;)
As a beginner I chose to have a ready chocolate cake mix for a better measurement recipe. Thanks to Betty Crocker, but I chose to have it unique and have a personal touch of design. I want to share it with you the recipe and picture. Hope you like it.
1 Pack Betty Crocker Chocolate mix (see outside cover for mixing and baking procedure)
8 pcs. Oreo Biscuits - crushed
1 pc. Oreo Biscuit for design on top - cut in 4
1. Bake the cake as directed at the outside cover of the box. Divide the mixture into two to make a 2 layered chocolate cake.
2. Whisk frosting as directed also at the outside cover of the box. Refrigerate after whisking.
1. Coat the first layer of the cake with the chocolate frosting about 1/2 mm.Top it with crushed Oreo Biscuit. Place the other layer of the cake on top of the first frosted layered cake.
2. Cover the whole cake with your frosting. Use spatula in spreading the frosting in the whole body of the cake. For a wavy design, use upward stroke. Start at the bottom then press upward direction slightly up to the top of the cake. Repeat it in the entire body of the cake.
3. When you're done with frosting, Sprinkle the remaining crushed oreo at the body of the cake and at bottom. Top it with chopped oreo.
4. Refrigerate before serving.
5. Hope you'll enjoy doing it ;)
Posted by ruth faustino at 1:14 AM